Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 28 May 2012

Day 149 Monday 28th May 3 miles : miles to date 1029.3 Ah, DOMS. Don't you just love em? I had thought that the day after the JB trail run would be the worst of the year. Today's bad boy was challenging for the title, as the legs were stiffer than yesterday, I was dehydrated after last nights vino and meat fest and in truth just tired. I know its only 3 miles and in normal circumstances I would just knock it out, but the body and the mind are just not in the game today. Luckily, from experience I knew this would happen before it did and I was expecting a bit of a shut down. As a result, I also know that if I jack this running every day lark in for the sake of a few bad days, in a few weeks I will be gutted and kicking myself. So, the only answer is of course to get out there and grind out a few painful miles until the head and the body are ready to get back in the game. It may take a week or possibly more, so if you know me and see me out there running with my head down and grimacing, you have my permission to give me a boot up the backside, metaphorically speaking of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment