Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 19 May 2012

Dog breath, me?

Day 140 Saturday 19th May 4 miles : miles to date 922.3

Having blown the SMC out for the first time in living memory for a lay in bed and Saturday short run - I know, Saturday and short runs just don't go - I marvelled on tonights trot how my running companion of choice and I share so many attributes and similarities. These include the following;-

1. Short, hairy and slightly chubby legs
2. Identical running gait - feet don't move off the ground in what is known as the ultra shuffle
3. Bad breath
4. A touch or two of grey appearing around the edges
5. A love of woods
6. The ability to do a no.2 anywhere
7. Not needing toilet paper having done so
8. A 'lets just walk the hill' philosophy
9. A love of chasing birds...( Fi suggested that one honest)
10. An inability to see over the top of farmers crops
11. A willingness to eat any meat product available
12. An ability to sleep anywhere
13. Small feet (ahem, no jokes please)
14. A tendency to pong when a tad damp
15. Totally true trail hounds

The list could go on and on. Have I found my running companion for the future. Mmm, perhaps not. The problem is that I share so many of these things with... my Border Terrier, Daisy the blooming dog. Grrrrrrr. And we speak the same!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment