Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 11 May 2012

Day 132 Friday 11th May 3 miles : miles to date 886.2 I have always known that running very long distances slows you down for short races, like say marathons. It should be no surprise therefore that the pins are for the sixth day in a row tired. So, I resorted to my emergency back up energy plan of Robbie Craig and a plate of Samaki na ugaili for lunch. My fellow ultrateer (temporarily suspended) has long preached the benefits of a good plate of Kenyan ugaili and to be fair, its lovely stuff. He mentions frequently that to run like a Kenyan, you have to eat like one. The slight problem, is that having done so, later I ate like an Italian, American and most of Europe as I moved from one foodstuff to another. It didn't help on tonight's regular and slow trot around the village, as the reality is I need a rest and not another 11 mile run. Like Saturdays planned run with the girls helping them to learn the Greensands Ridge route. Still, hopefully this time in two weeks we should be around 20 miles into the JB ultra trail run. We could do with a serious upturn in the weather mind you, as I would rather run all through the night in dry, warm conditions than the current damp overcast sky's we have at the moment. Still, as long as there are no injuries, I know that me and the lads will be towing the line at 6pm on the 25th May. If we can decide where to put the start line that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment