Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Day 130 Wednesday 9th May 3 miles : miles to date 874.3 Oh boy was I tired tonight. I think a mixture of the long run at the weekend, no rest and a 12 hour 37 minute man bug hit me late afternoon and I just felt awful. The feeling lasted until I got home and the moment I tried running, calvin the calf and his mate cyril tapped me on the shoulder and said, really? Do we have to? Yes was the answer to my two little running buddies, albeit I did promise a slow three miler around the village on my normal route. Sometimes when I don't feel good, I can snap out of it into the run but not today. My legs were sore, I was actually having a can't be bothered doing this type moment and for some reason my breathing was a bit laboured even at a slow pace. I know full well the answer is rest and I concede that Steve James is entirely right, but a slow three miler is in fact my idea of having a rest these days. I clearly wasn't right as after I got home, I declined a glass of red and even left half my pasta. Don't worry sports fans, a few weeks taper should get the pins working again in time for the inaugural John Bunyan ultra. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment