Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 21 May 2012

More water works

Day 142 Monday 21st May 3.4 miles : miles to date 931.2

Second day in my new office and time to break them into what to expect from me for the future. I donned the gear at lunchtime and went for a quick spin along the Grand Union Canal, which is about 400 metres from the front door. I had bought an Ordinace Survey Explorer map at the weekend and spent sometime this morning looking at all the options, which are many. Actually I think me and Fi have got a bit of a thing about map's, as she bought herself one as well for the area in which her 10k race was run, despite it being signposted and marshalled all the way. I have even just paused to check something else on my new map, as I am writing so much about them.
It makes a major change to be able to get away from cars and people within such a short distance. Leaving Luton, it would take a number of miles to do so, dodgeing car's on the way. That having been said, I have been known to race a bus or two into work which I might miss, eventually. Trouble with canal boats, is that you can wait for age's and then three will come along at the same time.
I found myself running too fast along the canal on what are still tired legs. The JB trail run is this Friday and I need to re-charge the body somehow. The trouble with running every day, is of course I have no time to recover. I can only do the next best thing, which is cut the miles and speed down. Hopefully, with a few days of hearty eating I should be ready.
The JB run promises to be great fun. It is not a race, time doesn't mean a thing and lot's of peeps from the club are going to come out and join us. I still can't quite believe that six hardy souls are going to start running with us at 2am. Fingers crossed for warm weather and a stunning sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment