Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 13 May 2012


Day 134 Sunday 13th May 3 miles : miles to date 900.5

 It was a tussle last night between a couple of bottles of vino and a pizza, against running in this mornings Stevington 12k which is quite local to me. Sense prevailed and the vino was consumed with some gusto and without any regrets. My pins are still quite heavy and I have to get some low level runs in, to recharge for the JB which is now less than two weeks away. So a bottle of red and a minimal run were Doctors orders today.
 I did pop over to the race to see if any flyers were running, just in time to see Steven Upton in magnificent form storming home in first place, followed not long after by Warwick Browning and the ever present Becs Rebecca Fleckney. Great stuff and well done to all three. I did have a chat with Steven and his dad after the race. Naturally we talked about running, when he asked an absolutely blinding question. It went something along the lines of, " When you were my age......."
 Whooaaahhh there tiger, lets just pull up right there shall we. How old did he think I was? Is this running every day malarkey causing premature ageing? Has 134 days of exposure to the great British weather turned me into a Harry Potter Dobbie look alike? The rest of that question is now just a blur. And to make matters worse, he's 38! I'm only 44!!!!! Luckily, I'm on the whole a mellow sort of soul and have the attitude that in a 100 years time, we will all be dead so best get on with living right now, even if I might be one step closer to the next age category in races.  Quick, someone pass me the vino, I ain't got much time left....

No comments:

Post a Comment