Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Chocolate and TV

Day 157 Tuesday 5th June 7.5 miles : miles to date 1063.7 As its the Queens Jubilee, Fi and I decided on an early run rather than the club tonight so we could spend the day eating, getting fat and watching the celebrations on television. I am not by any stretch a fervent royalists, but on the whole I do support the concept of the monarchy and besides, a day of TV, not moving and chocolate sounded appealing. All part of my recovery process of course. As for the run, it was a mixed bag from the Owen household. Fi picked up an injury last week at training which hasn't gone. I made her rest a week, but she was itching to run today so she did. We went cross country slowly and it was clear the pain was still there, so at two miles we parted and she took a shortcut home and I went on the long cut. It doesn't look good for her 5k race in two weeks and she is not a happy bunny. I emerged from the disused railway track I was running along, almost knocking a cyclist off his bike as I did so. Having startled the poor chap, I then started chasing him up the hill we were both by that stage climbing. Needless to say, I caught him up and it was all the old boy could do to pull away from me at the top on the flat. That was it then. All my attempts to take things easy went out the window and I started powering up the road after him. The only person I came across in the middle of the country and I had to start racing him. In the last few months I have raced a bus 4 miles into Luton, a rower for 2 miles and now a not very fast cyclist. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and enter actual running race? Anyway, for the next five miles I just went for it. I don't know what pace I was running as my watch had been turned on from the start when we were going slower. I do know that I looked a number of times and the pace was around 6.10 - 6.30 for longish sections, which I was quite pleased about even though I am meant to be taking it easy. Right, where's the remote control and choccies gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment