Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Day 171 Tuesday 19th June 5.5 miles : miles to date 1148.8

Day two of the schedule had me earmarked to do a "slow" four miles, which clashed with the club speed night. Having picked the club over a slower run, I found it a little difficult to stick to the plan whilst trying to run 24 x 200 metres, with 100m jog recovery. I tried my best, settling into the middle group and not going to the front. Trouble arose when the middle group merged a little later with the whippets at a handover and I found myself going off with the speed boys. So, that was it. Tonight's slow 4 miler was swapped with Wednesdays planned slow 6 miler and I went for it in the final two thirds. Having committed to the pain game, my head is totally switched onto it for now at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment