Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 25 June 2012

Day 177 Monday 25th June 5 miles : miles to date 1179.5

I made the mistake last Monday of running the first scheduled training run too fast and feeling tired the rest of the week. Tonight was another easy 5 miler in forty minutes and I stuck rigidly to the clock, barring finishing 20 seconds too quick, but whose counting? Oh yeah, me. It wasn't a hard decision as my left calf (Calvin) was sore after a touch of cramp in Saturdays race and my right thigh was tight as well. I am listening to the advice of the various club members who are still taking an interest in my mutterings and taking a longer term approach to the training plan. No point in burning out in three weeks when the goal is Chester, particularly as we now have about twenty Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers entering the marathon. This has to be approaching something of a record for the club, even considering races such as London.
I ditched Leo in favour of a more middle of the road Soprano's soundtrack. I didn't want to go grunge or anything too fast, as that really does fire me up and get me running quickly, or at least quicker.
Still no news yet on Fi's foot injury which is now four weeks old almost. She had an x-ray eight days ago but the results are not yet back. I'm finding the wait as frustrating as she is. At least if we knew it was s ay a stress fracture, she could accept that, allow it to heal and come back gently. Its the not knowing that is a bother as any injured runner will tell you. Time for a cup of tea me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment