Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 4 June 2012

Day 156 Monday 4th June 4 miles : miles to date 1056.2 After a hard nights partying, the early part of today was spent avoiding my trainers at all costs. Instead, we went over to the village fields for a Diamond Jubilee party with some lady warbling away on the speakers singing hits such as the white cliffs of Dover. Elton and Tom didn't make an appearance due no doubt to the palace gig tonight. I eventually ventured forth on a slow few miles around the fields with Daisy our border terrier. She is getting a little better in keeping up with me, but was frequently distracted by rabbits, smells and no.1 stops. We were running albeit not troubling the clock at all. It was nice just to be out there with her in the sun. As I am cutting back for a few weeks, the pace wasn't an issue and actually after just eight days, I'm already starting to get the itch to start training harder. I'm going to stick to my guns however and wont start the training until the 18th June, when for the first time in seven years I am going to follow a sixteen week schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment