Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 8 June 2012


Day 160 Friday 8th June 3.2 miles : miles to date 1074

Having braved the wilds of Woburn House and its fearsome creatures last night, I found myself parking up again in the same place tonight albeit running the reverse of leg two of the Greensands Ridge relay race. This is a cross country six person thirty four mile relay race in Bedfordshire limited to thirty teams. My limited claim to fame, is that four years ago me, Satnav Jones and A.N.Other bloke from Leighton Buzzard were the first ones to run it solo. We did it for the next two years, as it is a jewel in the crown in this area of these types of events.
The club has three ladies carrying the torch this summer in two weeks time, in Annie PageCaroline Gilby and Bec Rebecca Fleckney. Annie has been very keen to learn the route and luckily for me I was able to park up on the way home and join her, Shaun Kirtley and Theresa Jordan Jacksonfor an all too brief few minutes whilst I ran my paltry distance and they ran I would guess thirteen miles odd. It is a rare thing that its me dropping out at low levels, but I had an injured wife, bottle of wine, Friday night supper and a dosy terrier waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment