Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 17 June 2012

Fathers day?

Day 169 Sunday 17th June 3 miles : miles to date 1138.3

Voldemort day training plan minus one. The day before the world stops turning, life, love, happiness and pain free days stop. One day to go. It has to be fathers day of course so to ease myself into painland, I settled on a gentle three mile trot around my standard village loop. Having had a few glasses of Sherry at Satnavs last night and pain day pending, a trot followed by a cycle to the village pub was exactly what Dr. Ron Hill ordered, or he would have done if he was a doctor or if I knew him. Actually, I did meet the great man the night before my first ever marathon in the days when I actually went to pasta parties, drank water and arrived at races with more then four minutes to go. Ah, the good ole days.
Still, the time is upon me and there is no escape. If I want to move from being an ultra mile muncher into a bit of a speed lad, there simply is no choice. I need to train at a whole new level of intensity. I need to stop looking at runs with a measure of distance and turn it into a measure of time, which is in truth quite an alien concept to me.
As a condemned man, I have enjoyed a last supper of vino and a rather large pork joint. Time to let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment