Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 29 June 2012

Day 181 Friday 29th June 3 miles : miles to date 1188.5

Another spot on three miles thanks to Gareth the Groin, who is still hanging around. This week is not quite panning out as planned. On Monday, I was off the beer for a few weeks, aiming to drop a few pounds and gunning for a sub 20 5k at tomorrow's park run. A few days later, Gareth arrived, the outlaws unexpectedly descended from Geordieland, G&T's have become compulsory and I'll be lucky to get a run in of any length this weekend. Am I down hearted... of course I blooming well am. I wanted to have a blitz of speed this week. Hey ho.
I tried to go a little quicker tonight to see how the groin would hold up and it was fine until the last mile when it stiffened. It wasn't a lung buster, although I did pick it up a little so that my breathing was a little laboured. Still, it was a tad annoying and I slowed right down for the last half mile. A little before that, I had gone past two young lads out running towards me. I gave them my customary cheerful greeting, only for them both to totally ignore me and carry on. Charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment