Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 10 June 2012

Day 162 Sunday 10th June 4 miles : miles to date 1092.4 I just had a shocker of a run. At 3.1 miles I was at 21.29 and then struggled onto 4 miles in just over 28 odd minutes. It was only a training run and I guess normally I would be ok with the time, but the truth is I was expecting to be in the 20's to prove to myself that in a race I would aim for the 19's and then below over the weeks to come. There are a number of reasons, all of which are my fault;- 1. I set out not intending to run faster and didn't for half a mile 2. At the half mile point, the Foo Fighters kicked in on the i-pod long play thingy machine and that was it, game on 3. I consumed far too much gin, beer and vino last night (to the point that my next door neighbour told me this morning I looked well rough!) 4. Flabby stomach as a result of two weeks over indulgence 5. Very de-hydrated 6. Pacing was shocking - after slow first half mile, I then tried to run hard to catch up with the result for part of the time I was running a 5.20 mile pace. Far too quick and I blew not long after 7. Slightly undulating trail paths, not ideal 5k route There is of course only one thing for it - another G&T to drown my sorrows and an acceptance that next week, I will have to cut back again on the food and beverage front. I'm not actually upset, given all of the above. I will cut down this week and see where I am next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment