Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 21 June 2012

Day 173 Thursday 21st June 5 miles : miles to date 1158.8 The schedule had me down for a "steady" five miles tonight in 35 minutes, which was 7 minute mile pace. Now that to me doesn't seem "steady" but there you go. For the fourth day on the trot, I went off too fast as I just couldn't find the pace. I ended up cranking it out in 33.12, which is about 6.39 average mile pace and far too quick. I went through 5k in 20.29, which is 7 seconds faster than my 5k PB from last year when it was all I could do to get that. Having done that I pressed on to see how far below 35 minutes I could get, probably to boost my confidence a bit. The problem was that I just got over excited. With some trepidation, I can say that I think I am becoming quicker and it has become very exciting. I was always a massive mile muncher, having run 100 plus mile events and loads of marathons, but I have never been fast. Having accepted the pain that comes with harder running, I am at the moment at least embracing it with open arms. That may not last, but for now the plan has brought back a level of excitement into my running that has been missing for some time. Crumbs, a second serious running post on the trot, with no reference to No. 2's or the other normal hazard's. Normal service will be resumed soon. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment