Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 30 June 2012

Day 182 Saturday 30th June 3 miles : miles to date 1191.5 Gareth is a persistent little blighter and came out to play again today. I just don't think I could have run much slower around the forest centre and stopped the moment the Garmin said 3 miles. It stiffened again in the third mile and I slowed even further. At one point I ran up behind some chap with a rucksack and struggled to overtake, like two juggernaut's on the inside lane of the motorway inching along. I totally resisted the urge to just pan it past which might be a sign of accepting the injury. It was like the tour de France out there today, with so many cyclists burning up the track. The slight ray of sunshine, was that Fi came out for a mile after almost five weeks of injury. We found out a few days ago that she doesn't have a stress fracture, albeit she still has a pain in her foot. One of my international running friends from across the pond, last night suggested an ice bath after today's run. So, I went to Budgens and stocked up on ice and was about to give it a go, when the father in law said too late and go for heat instead. Much nicer as I sit here with a hot water bottle next to the crown jewels. The only trouble is that I now have a fridge full of ice. Still, the same father in law is about to help me shrink the ice mountain via a few G&T's I suspect. Believe it or not, I am really looking forward to jumping on the wagon and checking out the lettuce. Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment