Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 24 June 2012

Day 176 Sunday 24th June 3.6 miles : miles to date 1174.5

Ladies and Gentlefolk. My name is Paul Owen. I am a Leo Sayer fan. It has been 7 days, 9 hours and 37 minutes since my last hit of the Clownmeister and I need to be truthful with myself, my family and most of all my running buddies. When I run slow, easy recovery mils, I often hum along to classics such as "when I need you" , "orchard road" and the meisters greatest, "you make me feel like dancing". Whhoo yeah. I am an addict and I can't break free of the spell Leo has over me. When it comes to the very easy type run because most of your body hurts, he is the main man for me, as he was today. I'm shot tonight. Four hard runs in the week have seen to that, combined with the fact that I am getting on a bit. So, today was less about speed and more about just getting it done.
I know every day on the Chester schedule wont be a breeze and after the highs of the week, its the Sunday night old mans achy joints. Still, I can console myself in the knowledge that on yesterdays run, I went through 10k on a hilly, wet and cross country course in 42.58, which is seconds off my race PB. Mmm, writing that makes me want to get out and run fast. On Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment