Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 18 June 2012

VOLDEMORT DAY ONE!

Day 170 Monday 18th June 5 miles : miles to date 1143.3 VOLDEMORT IS HERE. Lock up your children and baton down the hatches. It has begun. A shroud of darkness has covered my running world and the light at the end of the tunnel is in precisely 111 runs time on the 7th October. Sounds an awful lot of training runs between now and Chester Marathon on the one hand, but not a lot on the other. The schedule started today with an "easy" five mile run in forty minutes. I had intended to start after work, but due to a lull in work and my feeling like an excited schoolboy who just couldn't wait, I went out at lunchtime for a spin along the canal leading out of Berkhamsted. I went off too quickly and reminded myself that there is a long way to go. After a mile, I started to catch another runner. I resisted the urge to run past too quickly as I am not into showing off or racing on training runs - unless its against a bus, car, rowing boat or canal barge. Never the less, I was running faster and I did pick it up a little to avoid scaring the lady in question too much as I chased her along a narrow tow path. Towards the end, my garmin said I was on track with the pace setter, but in fact I finished around a minute and a half too quickly. There are going to be plenty of runs when I wont have that luxury, so I need to concentrate on my pace a bit more. I'll try to take running socks to work tomorrow, having spent all afternoon in wet and muddy black office socks, with my suit hiding the rest of the mud. A touch of fake Lacoste aftershave someone gave me, a rub down with a baby wipe or three and a blast of linx and no one was to the wiser in the new office this afternoon. At least so I assume?

No comments:

Post a Comment