Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Day 172 Wednesday 20th June 5 miles : miles to date 1153.8

Day 172 is also day 3 of the Chester marathon schedule, which had me earmarked for a "slow" four miler in 30 minutes. I found a new, flat 2.5 mile loop and settled into a slightly too quick pace, which I kept up for the whole run. I just could not settle into a spot on 7.30 mile pace and ended up covering five miles at an average pace of 7.15, which was just a little too fast given this was meant to be a recovery run. The good news is that my aerobic breathing was fine and comfortable throughout, or at least it seemed that way through ACDC turned up to full blast on my long play i-pod thingy machine. The slight concern was that my legs were a little heavy, which hopefully is due to quite a hard session at the club last night.
Given the concentration on pace, I didn't notice any squirrels, muntjac, foxes or any other wildlife on tonight's run. Mmm, this faster running lark might have a detrimental effect on my attempt to become the next famous naturalist. Still, cant let that derail me at this early stage. Besides, I cant spell envirromenttal anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment