Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 22 June 2012

Day 174 Friday 22nd June 3 miles : miles to date 1161.8 After three faster runs on the trot, it should have come as no surprise to me that I was totally shot tonight. The schedule had me down for a day off or easier run. Its possible that knowing that, I wasn't switched on for a hard one and in truth I struggled to three miles. It didn't help that I ran at 7.30pm on a Friday night having gone to work at 6.30am, with a sarnie at 6.20am and then not eaten all day before running. There is quite good research that suggests that running having had no food is good training to teach your body to adapt to running on fat stores which is all fine. Trouble is, after a 12 hour plus work day with nothing to eat at all (and not from choice), I was just shot to pieces and just struggled to even cover the distance. Which, for the avoidance of doubt I did. Knackered now big style.

No comments:

Post a Comment