Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 24 June 2012

Day 175 Saturday 23rd June 9.1 miles : miles to date 1170.9

Having found out late yesterday that the Flying Scotsman was not fit enough to run leg 3 of the Greensands Ridge relay today, I stepped timidly into the breach. If I had known I was going to be racing today, I might not have three harder runs in the week, but there you go. Anyway, as always it was a great event and a hidden jewel in the crown of cross country running in this neck of the woods. My leg was very undulating, muddy and the racing line took me right down a stream. I did struggle a bit, but very happy to have covered it in just over 64 minutes. 


Great to meet quite a few runners on route and big respect to them all for covering the entire distance solo. Also huge respect to the Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers ladies doing the same in Annie Paige, Bec Fleckney and Caroline Gilby. 


It was a pity I have had to miss the pub and bbq at the end which is a feature of the race, but I have to go to a party next door. I think I might be running late on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment