Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Day 164 Tuesday 12th June 6.9 miles : miles to date 1104.5 This pre schedule training week is starting to warm up nicely. For the third night in a row I was up for a bit of an effort, albeit it I was coaching at the club. I ran with the middle group on what was planned to be 13 hill efforts on three different sections in the always attractive but hilly Ampthill Park. Its a balance when coaching of running with the group to an extent but also stopping to encourage the runners all the way in. We did have a slight route malfunction on one of the hills. One of the other coaches had put the markers out and in truth I thought the hill was too short and we should have been a lot further up. I carried on to the top on my own puffing hard but couldn't find the marker, so checked with the lead coach and was told it was at the top. Next effort I took the crew all the way up to the top where we still couldn't find the marker. It seems the "top" was in fact one third of the way up to a small slightly flatter section after all. On top of the hills already run, that hurt. Needless to say, the group thanked me for my attention to detail and the unneeded pain inflicted on them. I obviously did the right thing and blamed the lead coach! Without actually realising it, I managed to cover just under seven miles on a hilly, cross country course after two harder day runs. I do know my limits and for Wednesday I predict a gentle, flat three miler along the canal. Voldemort training schedule minus 5 and counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment