Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Ah, that's better, slowwww....

Day 81 of the 366 days running challenge. 7 miles. Miles to date 517.8 Normal service was resumed tonight after last evenings aberration on the speed front. I knew that I was unlikely to be able to do my normal mid week mid distance run and I was going to have to settle for an easier recovery run. The simple fact is that you can't mix speed work and ultra training easily, unless you are Jez Bragg. And I'm not the said ultra distance mystro. That having been said, I had what I thought was a slow run and it worked out at just over 8 minutes a mile, so I'm not complaining. Hopefully a 12 or 13 on Thursday, an easy run on Friday and something in the order of 30 miles Saturday if my mate Satnav has his way. Now help me out on this one. I made the mistake of looking today at BMI charts. I've just run 81 days in a row, I'm getting faster and longer, have lost 16 pounds since Chrimbo, 4 inches off my belly and down to a 34 inch waist at 12 1/2 stone and, wait for it, I'm still over weight according to the BMI charts!!! How does that work???

No comments:

Post a Comment