Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 6 March 2012

The old mans run

Day 66 of the 366 days running challenge. 6.8 miles. Miles to date 415.8

I was feeling a little tired today and my slightly lazy mood wasn't helped by one of the younger members of the firm asking me if it was right I had started working in our place in 1991. My reply of yes, was swiftly followed by, oh, I wasn't born then. I shuffled my ageing bones down the stairs and locked my office door, retreating to planning to run the John Bunyan trail in May.
Shortly after, I headed off to the club where I was coaching with my two beautiful assistants Nick Jones and Paula James. Ok, I was assisting Mr. Jones and he had one beautiful assistant, and it wasn't me.
We split into three groups and to my surprise, my legs started working again and despite coaching, I was able to put in a bit of effort as well in what was an increasing time and effort session. Paula and I went on a warm up to training course a few weeks ago. We had them doing all sorts of moves at the start, with my favourite being the deliver the pizza drill. Boy, I wish I had my video camera for that one.
I had earlier in the day posted my plans to run the trail with as many peeps from the club as we could muster, doing anything from one mile to seventy eight and anything in between. There seemed to be a lot of interest and lots of peeps pledging to run some part or other, with even more promising to come to the pub after. Mmm, with 24 hours of running planned, it might be an early bath for me. That's a few months off, but sit was still really good to get lots of peeps saying yes. Great day, despite the suggestion that I might need a bus pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment