Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Speed? Surely not?


Day 80 of the 366 days running challenge. 6.2 miles. Miles to date 510.8 Speed and Paul Owen are not words that are often heard in the same sentence. Tonight's club session saw me move up to the (very) back of the fast group for the first time in age's. OK, OK, for the first time before anyone says anything. I'm not sure if I planned it or it just happened, but I somehow managed to run 18 minute repeats with them, albeit in the last third my link to them was stretched further back. I did point out that I thought they were all running in the wrong group, which they soon after corrected and left me in my own billy no mates group. Cheers lads. I think my watch was playing up as every time I looked at, it was saying 5.15 minute mile pace, with the quickest point being 4.31. I wasn't even aware that my watch had a sub 5 minute mile setting and clearly Mars must have moved into Venus's gravitational pull and upset the earths magnetic pulse in some way, or some other scientific thing like that. Please keep watching as normal service will soon be resumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment