Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 28 March 2012

The wee Scottish run

Day 88 Wednesday 28th March 4 miles : Miles to date 572.8

After a great day out seeing the sites of Edinburgh and trying to walk off this mornings all you can eat breakfast, the hoped for run up Arthur's seat had to be called off. We spent the entire day being tourists and by the time we caught the bus home, it was a quick forty naps for the tiddly peeps and an even quicker four miles for me, as my father in law's need for a chinese meal will not wait. Mind you, it gets to something that come six o'clock I'm in a hotel and instead of a preprandial I am huffing off down a busy main road in the middle of rush hour getting my wee three miler in. The route I took was one of the direct roads out of the city centre towards the motorway. It is clearly one of the main artery's pumping the flow of bodies and motorised vehicles into and out of the heart of the city. Perhaps not unsurprisingly, I came across a number of runners on the way home, trying to beat the traffic much as I often do when I go to work. We might be 500 miles apart, but runners are runners all over the place and most gave me a nod although a few did have their eyes glued to the floor. 
As always, as soon as I was on the road, it was a case of hello old friend, I'm back. Having said that, I have now showered, shaved and sent Fi off to the bar (she volunteered actually) for a soon to be delivered to the door pint of Scotland's finest. So, the road my old friend, its been great but for now, the next time we shall join together shall be on the morrow. Or perhaps later as I stagger across you dodging the mad Scottish drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment