Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 7 March 2012

The shuffle

Day 67 of the 366 days running challenge. 3.7 miles. Miles to date 419.5


There are days when you can and days when you can't. Today very much fell into the latter, with a greatly shortened run. I normally crank out around a half marathon on a Wednesday into work, but due to a pending job move I couldn't today. I came home early, fired up the i-pod thingy long play music machine and headed out the door with the intention of doing an eight mile cross country loop. Within a mile, the legs felt like bags of wet cement and I heard a voice say, "come on in Mr.Owen, your time is up". I rarely learn much these days, but recent injuries and lay off's mean that when the body says ''Wooaahh tiger, are you sure about this" I tend to listen, not feel guilty I can't make the distance and call it a day. Its not a question of giving up, but taking a long term approach and trying to avoid injuries. I have finally been able to shrug off Richard Jones standing advice of, if it hurts , run more until it stops. Hopefully.
 I decided to come home and help with the cooking instead, much to the annoyance of Fi. She said my cooking is like waiting for a new pope to be selected. When the smoke changes colour, I know it's done. Charming. I had best revert back to my old unreconstructed mile munching man's man then. If she let's me that is.
 One small bonus is having run 67 days on the trot, I'm now down to the 200's to go, instead of the 300's. Granted that's still 299 more runs, but heck, it's still in the 2's. I wont break into the bubbly just yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment