Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 25 March 2012

Th Geordie run


Day 85 Sunday 25th March 3.2 miles : Miles to date 560.7

It is with some trepidation that I ventured forth into Geordieland today, on the way to my Scottish cousin's. After yesterday 30 mile run, I thought I might not feel like running. I did wake feeling a tad tired but soon realised it wasn't in fact a work day and I was just tired from running. Now that made me feel ten times better than the thought of going to to work and I rose out of bed with  new determination. Then I realised the clocks went forward last night and I should have had another hour in bed. Ta to the wife of mine who nudged me awake. Anyway, off I went with Jimbo to the county rugby cup final in my normal running club stomping ground of Amphtill.

 We live a few miles away and despite the affiliation with Ampthill, I was with the Bedford under 13' boys all the way. The start was delayed by an hour which gave me the chance to do a quick run, which actually came as a surprise after yesterdays 30 mile training run. All I wanted to do was run the minimum distance, as I knew we were going to drive for 4 hours after and as soon as we arrived it was gin and tonic time.  Well, at the risk of seeming as though I am gloating, which I honestly never do, I had a great early run, the boys won with play that made them look Welsh (huge priase from a taff) and we arrived in Geordieland in time for a parrrrtttiieeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment