Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 22 March 2012

You call that a meal?

Day 82 of the 366 days running challenge. 6.2 miles. Miles to date 524

For some reason, I just got excited typing in Day 82! I think it might be due to the realisation that three figures are not that far away. Weird I know. Anyway, tonight's planned longer run went by the by, as I finished work early and was able to get home in daylight for a run with Mrs. Haway Fi O (she's a Geordie). The simple fact is that without the support and understanding of the other arf, I wouldn't be able to run or try to run every day for a year. So, the odd early finish and change in plan to allow us to run together is a must from time to time.
We headed off on a similar route to one I did last week, trying to eventually find a large metal bull in the middle of a copse. It was quite funny to hear Haway Fi O murmur ohh, each time we ran into a new field although we couldn't find the bull. It did start to get dark and I had come out without my head torch, so we cut the route a little shorter than planned and came home for some nosh. I was in charge of din dins, which consisted of a tin of baked beans, with lots of bbq flavour el paso powder, crushed tortilla crisps and cheese, on top of toast. Mmmmm, now that's what I call, er, student food. Fi declined and made herself something else. No idea why, it was lovely. No honest, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment