Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 18 March 2012

Mothers day run

Day 78 of the 366 days running challenge. 3 miles. Miles to date 501.6

After a long morning with Jimbo at rugby, we headed over to our local pub for a mothers day lunch of Sirloin steak and a few pints of larger. Fi had a not so nice lamb shank and mad Uncle Sandy lived up to his name, making comments that I cant repeat in print. These days, a few pints mid afternoon inevitably leads to 40 winks, although at one point I snored so loudly I woke myself up!
In light of the steak and beverages, tonight's run with the dog was always going to be a casual affair in the dark, wearing my Ron Hills watching the ethereal beauty of the sky turning red and orange on the horizon. Across the fields again and at the high point, it was still and quiet save for the rather eerie sound of two wolves howling across in the distance. They are based on a local farm and this was the first time I have heard them so clearly. As it became darker, out came the head torch only for me to come a cropper as someone had taken the batteries out and it wasn't me! That meant a slow trundle back for the last mile as I couldn't see the trail.
At least the wolves didn't get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment