Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 30 March 2012

Wobble?

Day 90 Friday 30th March 6.3 miles: miles to date 582.1 Oh dear, today was yet another hard run day. I am a tad worried that these posts portray me as glass half empty type of chap when I'm the exact reverse. All I can do, is say it as it is and today's run was just not good. I cant quite make my mind up as to whether it is down to last Saturdays 30 mile training run, the vast quantities of food I have downed since in the last four days, my tourist type stuff, my wobbly belly or, most likely, the after effects of too much vino. The simple fact is that I can normally run big distances for fun, get up and do it again the next day. If I get to a point where it's the short or long route, every time it will be the long route and then some. So today, when I got to a paltry six miles, instead of taking the longer route home and adding on another few miles at least, I just didn't. Ever so slightly concerned that after 90 days of running on the trot, I might even being going through a "what's the point" moment, which I don't think I am. It's more likely due to the fact I am an all or nothing type chappie. I'm either running massive distances every week or I'm partying like it's 1999, in the words of the popster, Prince or Squiggle or whatever his name is these days. I just can't do half and half. Which brings me full circle to the glass half empty analogy. At the moment my glass is never empty, due mainly to the pa in law. Cheers Jim.



Part of today's rather dull route. Possible added to the lack lustre run?

No comments:

Post a Comment