Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 15 March 2012

The Darkness prevails

Day 75 of the 366 days running challenge. 11.5 miles. Miles to date 481.4 Any more comments Mr.Owen, asked the Judge today? Mmm, hurry up I've got a cross country run to do I thought, but decided not to add that into my closing submissions. Justice was very slow to arrive, my phone lost its charge and my rendezvous with Lorraine Tur at Luton train station was delayed by 35 mins without me being able to phone to tell her. The first ever time she has come out running with Richard Jones and myself and I was very late. Not a good start, for which I apologised. As a result, I had to change the route and follow the cars straight up the A6 in the hope that Satnav Jones would still be at the second meeting point, which he wasn't. By now it was getting dark, he's only run the route 23 times and I was concerned he might end up running in circles following the arrow he would have drawn on his left hand. As it was dark and Lorraine hadn't been out with just me, we ignored the road and went cross country with just one head torch between us. Down the hill a few miles later to the bottom of the clappers, I turned to notice another head torch right behind us. It was Richard, who had taken a wrong turn and was in fact going the right way by mistake. After profuse apologies, I let him join us and told him next time he should wait until we arrived. By now, all street lights were gone and we trundled over the fields, not once looking at the time or distance, mainly because we were trying not to fall down rabbit holes. Through the next village and over into the darkness of Flitwick Moor and then back to the train station. Couple of miles shorter than planned and a different route, but still nice to get out in the dark cross country. And for what its worth, justice was slow but fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment