Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 9 March 2012

Foxxy Stuff

Day 69 of the 366 days running challenge. 3.3 miles. Miles to date 428.8 I think I have become hooked on weather forecasting, Ordinance survey maps and spotting wild animals whilst out running. As I am running every day, I have become more interested in the weather, as in truth it is easier to get out the door when its not minus 11. Sure, I've had some great runs this year when it has been frreeezzin, but the time has come to move into single layer running tops. It did feel warmer tonight at the start, although I did wuss out and put on two layers. Apologies to all. I've purchased all of the local OS explorer maps looking for new trails and the floor is currently covered. So many trails, so little time. Whats a boy to do? As for the wildlife, I went through the woods in the twilight and whilst navigating a little used trail, a fox popped out and ran straight across around 50 metres in front of me. The last time I saw a fox, it was on the same trail ages ago. Fair chance it might have been the same one, as they are very territorial and stay within a small area. Must be true, as I saw it on a TV detective programme a few weeks ago. Only a gentle trot, before Saturdays LSD. Mmm, that reminds me, time to eat some more. I lovveee Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment